I've been trying to figure out what my next blog post was going to be...but I came across a post I did January 5, 2010 and it is exactly where I am today! So I would like to share an oldie, but a goodie! I needed this today!
Get off the Struggle Bus! This was a part of a powerpoint from a prodevo session I attended today and it's pretty powerful in its own right! The struggle bus are those habits, mistakes, tests/trials, and experiences that get the best of us, that detracts us from our true potential and happiness. We all know people who have permanent seats on the struggle bus and I know I take a ride every now and then!
But as I was reading my devotional about how life is a test and a trust, something connected with that statement from earlier today. The devotional read. "Even the smallest incident has significance for your character development. Every day is an important day, and every second is a growth opportunity to deepen your character, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God."
If that's not the way to get and stay off the struggle bus, I don't know what is! I will have tests and experiences, yes, that on some days will cause me to want to ride the struggle bus, but I must choose to see it for what it really is. An opportunity to deepen my character, show myself approved, and to trust God! It's all about changing my perception!
It's time to get off the struggle bus!

No comments:
Post a Comment