Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Words are Powerful...

I know some folks say that the 'worst' prayer that you can pray is to ask God for patience, because patience cannot be learned, it has to be practiced! You will find yourself in situations that require you to exhibit patience when you would rather not. That's how I am beginning to feel about my selection of 'Defying Gravity' as my mantra for 2011. This year has been such a roller coaster for me and it's only February 1st. I feel like I am going at ridiculously fast pace and not having time to catch my breath. I feel like everything that I have to do, the expectations that I have to meet for other people, the expectations that I have set for myself, and life in general is just unmanageable. I feel like I am going against the natural order of things. There's not enough time in the day and not enough peace in my mind to contain everything. It's like the only thing that I can do is to try to defy gravity. Not so sure how effective I am doing at that right now, but it is what it is. Here's the thing: I am not in the abyss. I just recognize my situation. I will keep at it. I Choose.....to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment