That's right... I am moving to the end of my own rainbow for 2011. I have decided to write a blog about my outlook on men this year! It's time. Because this past weekend alone has reminded me of where I think I stand.
[1] I am WORTHY and WORTH IT! Seriously, sometimes, as a 29 and counting woman, I forget that. Each day as my mother reminds me about how much she wants to be a grandmother of many, I think about the fact that my eggs are at half empty. Within these next few years, some life changes will have to happen. But at the end of the day, I am still worthy and worth it. I would so date and marry me. I am a good catch. And when it's time, someone else will and shall know it. Disclaimer: I realize that she is not actually pressuring me, but just overly dramatic!--she says I always blog about her in an unfavorable way :)
[2] I want to be in a relationship, but I am not desperate! Being back in a small town, I see the non-existent dating pool and you almost wanna think that whatever presents itself will be cool. But then, I am reminded of one of my favorite books, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert says it precisely: "In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place." And since I am already accused of setting high standards for those in my life, so now is not the time to give up. I did that once this year already and it was not a good look. So I fully expect that only qualified applicants need apply! Haha.
[4] My Love is TOO Considerate and Virtuous to be thrown back in my face! I am sooo tired of the ridiculousness that dudes bring with them. It's not that hard in my world. Boy likes girl. Girl likes boy. They make it work. Why the extraness? Why the lack of consistency? Why the lack of consideration? Why the games? I am just not able any more. And you know why, because of point #1. It would be different if I were one of those raggedy chicks out there but I'm not! Of course, we all have baggage and all have issues, but I know that at the end of the day, I'm a good one. And relationships should not be so one-sided! Why do you want me to meet you at your side of the bridge....I'm sorry...are your legs broke? Can you not at least meet me in the middle? Seriously. #iCant and #iWont in 2011. I've had a couple of moments in 2010 where it was thrown back in my face....and this year, NOPE!
Well, even though I promised that I would not edit my thoughts as much with this blog as I do with my other, this blog needed some editing for sure because right now, I have very strong thoughts in light of most recent incidents. Anyhow...maybe a revisit to this later.
No comments:
Post a Comment